11-02-2010, 09:41 PM   #9
mfanatic325
///M-fanatic
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: '01 911 Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by shift@red View Post
^damn, good numbers. so not only is it cheaper than both the ess and bren tune, it puts down a good amount more power too.
again, AA is legit and this just confirms it for anyone who doubted them.
ESS is one of the top choices because they were the first ones to come out with a tune for our cars, right? Well, I like to be different hah, so I didn't really want to jump on the bandwagon so to speak. Also, I didn't like their high asking price. I asked for a discount and I would get dynos up for them, but they weren't interested
BrenTune, I think would be a GREAT choice if it's done on the dyno.
Same goes for AA, but unfortunately I didn't have the dyno (custom) tune option available to me. So I went with the next best thing =P

Quote:
Originally Posted by krnnerdboy View Post
holy crap, that top end keeps climbing?\ what gas were you running? and sorry if this has been touched on before, but is there a 91 map like on the ess tune?

I really wish you ran a base dyno w/ the stock mufflers b/c muffler deletes are known to drop power in the top end.... regardless those numbers are impressive. I can't believe your butt dyno didn't feel the top end...
I'm running 91 octane. AA probably can cater to higher octanes if you request it though, I'm pretty sure. As for the stock mufflers not being on during my baseline dyno, I've also heard that no mufflers might actually increase #'s. So that's both ways lol (some say more, some say less). I honestly don't think the cans make a difference personally. If it were section 1 or 2 piping and/or headers, then yes, there'd be a difference. As for the butt dyno, it was the low-end and mid-range that I couldn't feel as much. Top end I definitely felt, but was afraid that it was the placebo effect taking hold LOL. Didn't want to run around claiming gains if it hadn't been put down on paper yet =P

Last edited by mfanatic325; 11-02-2010 at 11:52 PM..
Appreciate 0