View Single Post
      03-22-2015, 07:38 PM   #20
inTgr8r
Lieutenant General
Canada
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

Hey guys, Chris ( crfine88 ) and I have been sharing some ideas on creating more room for the WP connector under the elbow and the routing of the coolant line equalization tube.

For the WP Chris and I collaborated on a way to create more space by lowering the mounting bracket as well as canting the mount angle.

The mounting bracket is fastened with two 10mm bolts.
The WP itself is on three rubber grommets which simply side up to remove.

Once off, two extension tabs were added to the bracket, which lower the mounting position.
The tabs where given a slight angle bend which does two things;
it cants the top of sensor towards the fender and gives clearance for the screw heads. (I used counter sunk heads)
If you are making tabs, use 1" center to center on the holes.

These pics are from the trial fit.
They will be cleaned up and painted black to match the OE bracket.

Front view with tabs mounted

Back view tabs mounted

Side view showing the tabs bend angle

bracket mounted

WP mounted

ample clearance intake to WP connector

Next was the coolant line.
Chris and I both felt that running the line in the OE location really detracted from the beauty of the Eventuri intake.
My first inclination was to make a new line and re-route it.
Chris came up with the idea of just rerouting the existing line w/o need to disconnect it.

One concern that we discussed was whether it was OK to have a droop loop in the middle.
This line is not used for coolant flow; the function is for pressure equalization, a breather tube so that coolant flows back and forth between rad and expansion tank freely in the main hose.

We speculated that any pressure build up should blow by any condensate or coolant that may find its way to the bottom of the loop.
This is further corroborated by the fact that blower kit installs also re-route the line in a similar way.
We will continue to monitor this mod.

At the tank end the two nuts were removed and there was enough play in the tank to lift it up and lower the tube below the tank. ...dont mind the dirt

Line from below tank and along to sensor.
(zip ties are temporary for test fit, proper clips will be installed later)

Line route below Eventuri location

the rest of the Eventuri install notes apply from this point onwards
'07 Z4 M Coupe Alpine White (sold)

Last edited by inTgr8r; 03-23-2015 at 05:26 AM..
Appreciate 0