View Single Post
      04-11-2017, 02:51 PM   #1
JJZ4MR
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4M Roadster

Garage List
Z4M Power Steering Fluid Change Flush ? HELP

Getting ready to change out ALL FLUIDS in my Roadster. Trying to decide what to do myself, what to have the indi do ( since I'm lift challenged or I could do them all ) Did oil right after purchase. Got a quote for $200 for a complete Tranny flush, I now think that this is NOT needed in my 6 Spd, although quoter knew this. Going to be taking my first Blackstone samples for oil/tran/diff and install all 3 Dimple Magnetic plugs: just because. Coolant I will want a full evac and not just drain/fill. Brakes with an extra pair of hands should be doable. Keep Master Full, open up bleeder one at a time on each wheel/right ? Clutch, same ?
Then comes the power steering fluid...I went deep into DIY....nothing. I did see that someone suggested using a turkey baster, then refill...NO. I want it all out, all flushed, all clean like new. New hoses, new filter ( still not sure if there is just a screen, or also an actual reservoir/filter for PS ?). As far as the fluid, am I right that Castrol Transmax ATF is correct ?
Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

I will say I did find a Z4 (non M) Power Steering Reservoir Change on Pelican Parts. Not sure if the best way to go may just be to spend the time and money and buy a whole new reservoir. Write up says use ATF, but in parts to buy next to it they list Pentosin CHF 11S, which only adds to my confusion....Grrrr

Last edited by JJZ4MR; 04-11-2017 at 05:54 PM..
Appreciate 0