View Single Post
      03-18-2014, 08:34 PM   #12
chickdr
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2006 M Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAMz4 View Post
According to my local BMW Indy tech. Post 2006 BMW alternators adapt its charge to compensate for low battery as the bettery gets weaker. When you change the battery the alternator may still be compensating for the old battery and can cause quirks in the electrical system until its reset or "Registered" for a new battery. My car was displaying symptoms of a low battery after I changed may battery until my indy tech reset or "registered" the car to the new battery.
I don't think this is accurate. I have read no sources which say we have to register our battery. Our cars were built prior to BMW adding this "feature".

Quote:
Originally Posted by zgood4u View Post
I'l be needing to replace mine. Which battery did you use? OEM is pricey as hell. 06 M coupe.
I bought a NON AGM battery from O-Reilys Auto Parts(around $105). It has worked fine for the past 2 yrs. The size battery we need is readily available almost anywhere. AGM vs Lead Acid is a big point of debate here. I do not think it matters a lot. Same warranty at the place I bought so I went with the cheaper LA battery.
Appreciate 0