03-31-2013, 07:39 PM   #123
Shipkiller
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Me

Garage List
zubydafa,
When I did the splitter install the first time, it was a little bit of a pain in the butt and took a lot longer than I figured.

When I had to reinstall after the 'track incident' I found a better way. It only took about an hour and a half to bolt up.

I decided to put the splitter on two buckets and place the bumper cover on top, then use two spring clamps to hold it in place where you want it.
I do not have mine flush with the outer edge. The splitter sticks out about a 1/4" total. I feel this looks better.

It will take you some time to cut the spacers for the front to the correct length to make sure the splitter is angled properly. I have mine set so it is along the thrust line of the car. You can also apply some small angle correction at the rear of the splitter with a washer or two. If you use the two turnbuckles, these will also do some angle adjustment.

The bottom section of the bumper cover, between the two fangs actually is angled down, from front to rear, so the spacers will tend to flatten this piece out.

You have a wing so you will have to do some experimentation on what the best angle will be. I do not have a wing so I don't want the front to overpower the rear and make the rear lite...

Since I already had the mounting holes in the splitter, just mark and drill in the bumper.
What did take a little while longer was I wanted to install inTgr8r's trim piece I bought several months ago but never installed. I had to manufacture some metal mounting brackets so it was flush and solid.

I did not do any fancy brackets in the rear of the splitter like some other have. Since the rear of the splitter lines up with the curvature of the wheel housing, I used two 'L' brackets in this area. The whole assembly is rigid as hell.

Appreciate 0