09-15-2012, 10:33 AM   #2
BruceJ
6 of Diamonds (ret)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E93 335is

Quote:
Originally Posted by strokeoluck View Post

Why BMW put a hole this big in a compartment that can only hold little things, I'll never understand. Regardless, does anyone have any ideas on how to get this thing out? I tried to point out where the hole is on the attached pic. Sorry for the horrible quality, not very good at editing photos on our desktop (should have used my laptop).

On a somewhat related note, I was playing with the three buttons on the lower left side of my rearview mirror (to the left of the big red ambulance bulb ), and it looks like THESE are the garage door buttons?! I don't recall reading about those in my manual, will have to check again. Hopefully that's what they are. If so, maybe I can just kiss that garage door opener goodbye without crying over it. Thanks.
BMW covered the hole with #6 in the Pic below (PN 51467051879 and $7.68 in REALOEM so probably pretty cheap) Sorry you lost it down there before you noticed but maybe you can get it covered without future issues.
Name:  414.png
Views: 1938
Size:  16.9 KB

If you have a rear view mirror with homelink here is a .pdf that should enable you to get it working.
HomeLink_Programming_Guide.pdf

If not heres a link to the original DaveZ GDO DIY -
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=226233

I did this and next to the Gap-tech Power Top Remote + its one of my favorite mods. The little panel you have to cut into to install the Home link is about $8.00 if you screw it up. So no stress there.
Good luck
2011 E93 335is - current fav

Last edited by BruceJ; 09-15-2012 at 11:44 AM..
Appreciate 0