12-02-2011, 08:37 AM   #84
IronZ4M
First Class M
Rep
Drives: Z4M Coupe, E36 Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tikamak View Post
I just want to ask a question to ironZ4M: since the lubrication of the ASA blower is a cut out from the oil circuitry:
1- Is the Castrol TWS 10w-60 suitable to the ASA T1 521?
2- Aren't you afraid to contaminate the oil from the supercharger damaging your engine components ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beedub View Post
im confused by question number 2????

Re question 1 i see no reason why the blower wouldnt be perfectly fine running Tws through its veins....... as oil goes its about as good as it get anyway, lots of the highly tuned GTR guys swap over to it ;-) Where the problems come in is the temperature..... The asa unit must not see oil temps of 140 deg C according to the literature, on a supercharged car, in a hot country, with a blower also heating the oil i think this could be an issue... the stock oil cooler will need uprating, hence im suprised gpower didnt supply one with the kit.

However, the OP may never track his car or use it hard for long periods so it may not be an issue, Iron, how do you plan to use this car??
agreed with ya beedub. And I dont think that G-Power didn't think about it what I mean is G-Power already made and tested the G-Power M6's and M5's and that cars is using the same oil. I may not have oil overheat even above 100c deg because I may run the car on the track once a year if I had the chance and only in winter time. Actually I havent got the car in a hard drive yet to check If the oil temp. still stable. Oil won't be contaminated unless it got mixed with other fluid or even a moisture would make that situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikamak View Post
I think that the ASA blower needs a thinner oil. the 10w 60 is too thick
also the engine would run hotter than the blower making the oil viscosity inadequate to the blower, what do you think bee?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beedub View Post
i think you may have a point but im not to sure... all i know is im definatly not a fan of setups that share engine oil as its just something else to go wrong.....

the blower will definatly introduce more heat into the oil circuit....
if you think so how about turbo cars same as the Z4 M HPF now the are using the same oil and the turbocharger in the turbo car will get more heat than the supercharged cars. What I think we are in a safe mood. BTW, I'll ask G-Power about that and make 100% sure.

'07 Z4MC l Alpine White l Supersprint Race Exhaust l Supersprint X Pipe l OEM Carbon fiber Spoiler l H&R Springs l Vossen VF051 l G-Power SK I 415 rwhp l RPI Scoop l ///M Performance Knop.
Appreciate 0