View Single Post
      05-23-2012, 11:40 PM   #44
ccmguy8
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 AW E90 M3

Am I getting ripped off by the stealership?

Hey folks,

So I purchased a new set of Sportline CS16 CSL reps from ModBargins and Michelin Pilot SuperSports for my 2007 non-M Z4 coupe and went to BMW Seattle to have them put on. The service advisor initially quoted me $120 for mounting, balancing, etc. for all 4 tires. I also made sure to tell him that I needed the TPMS sensors transferred over prior to the quote. After coming home, I got a call from him saying that because of some differences in the new rims compared to the stock OEM rims (style 201, 17's), they would need to charge me another $300 to swap the TPMS (parts $88, labor about $200)!!

Has anyone had this experience? I've never swapped TPMS sensors before but I'm thinking it can't be that difficult or labor intensive. 2 hrs of labor?? Sounds like BS and feels like I'm getting ripped off. Prior to buying the rims, I was told by the Frank at ModBargins that the TPMS would be a direct swap. Any advice would be appreciated especially from the ModBargins crew. I'll post a full review of the new rims once I get the car back. Thanks
Appreciate 0