Thread: Vanos Repair
View Single Post
      01-17-2016, 02:01 AM   #20
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

Why jack up the engine so high when you can just have it rest on the subframe and then the vanos will clear too?

With jacking up the engine really high you risc damaging the gear selector mechanism, insulation and maybe even heatshielding&exhaust.

Indeed you do need a set of anglenose pliers (most guides will tell you), but imho that should be a standard piece in a toolcollection.
My policy sometimes is: buy lots of cheap tools (or reasonably cheaP), so you have them. For ones that don't do the job really well or break/wear, you can alway's buy a top quality one. Or if you have money enough, buy everything top quality. But it's always better to have a specific tool in low quality than not having it at all
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t

Last edited by GuidoK; 01-17-2016 at 02:08 AM..
Appreciate 0