Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M/. Z3M, E36/46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by inTgr8r View Post
I will when I get it installed.
It's still too damn cold here to spend much time out in the man cave.
No worries, I'm not in a hurry, other mods to do first. I hear you about the cold as even in the low 40s a cold/damp garage is no fun. After I did pads on SK's car I was cold almost until the next day. And compared to your weather the conditions in my man cave were a summer picnic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelove View Post
I've got the UUC in mine as well, along with the ZHP knob, one of the best mods I could do, shifting feels great. Jut waiting to put my mounts in now to get rid of the 1-2 occasional grind and make things ab it more secure.
Thanks, that is good input!

I don't think the mounts are going to help the grind. Most who have tried them haven't eliminated it; rather it adds precision and helps with the denial of 2nd from 3rd on hard lefts or under hard braking. The best "cure" for the 1st to 2nd grind is to pull down and hard to the left and to also pause a split-second between 1st and 2nd.

I've gotten to the point where I can "sense" a grid by feeling a different vibration in the synchos going into second and find if I just pause and try to match revs a bit with my right foot I can avoid it.

Like I said in post 3 ""Thou shalt not shift from 1st to 2nd with extreme haste, and thou shalt always pauseth and feel if the time hast come to pull into 2nd lest thou grind, and thou shalt pulleth to the left as thy hand shiftith...." (1st Book of the Z, Chapter 2, verse 19)

Last edited by Finnegan; 03-28-2011 at 12:13 PM..
Appreciate 0