View Single Post
      10-18-2012, 05:08 AM   #33
tikamak
Captain
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4M Roadster TiAG/black

Hi Guys again, please stop the bickering over what inter-cooler setup is best. It is widely known that Air-to-Air setups IN GENERAL is superior than Air-to-Water setups when you are not icing and dragging

HOWEVER, some Air-to-Water inter-coolers can have more effective heat cycling than Air-to-Air FMIC, so many physics involved. Some Air-to-Water setups can also be more effective than others.

@txz4: Water is used because it is the liquid with the highest double heat exchange modifiers and the least expensive and requires standard materials to be pumped circulated and contained. To clarify, inside the charge cooler, water is super effective at grabbing the heat from the hot charge (throught Alumnium); at the FMIC, it is the also super effective at releasing the heat when cold air contacts with hot water (throught Alumnium).

Now I've been thinking for ages now about that and i might decide to build my own super efficient sub zero temps intercooler ala Lutz performance style and that idea will be used pretty widely if I can keep the cost down
It is still in research phase.

What we are comparing here today is:
ESS - AtoA
VF - AtoW
Gpower - AtoW

You cannot say ESS > all just because AtoA is superior to AtoW, you have to check efficiency.
What I can say about all 3 is that all 3 cooling methods are adequate, all 3 will heat soak maybe at different rates but it is not that much of an issue.

Please take other aspects than cooling of the kits, like performance, driveabilty, price vs kit aspects.
Appreciate 0