View Single Post
      02-05-2017, 04:24 PM   #5
FD3S
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikitas_Z4mcoupe View Post
Dionysis, your mechanic is right. From my experience the gains switching from Euro to SSV1 were low compared to the money spend and taking into account that you will need also to tune your ecu accordigly in order to gain the expected Hp.
If I had to do it all over again it will be the last modification in my to do list. It really worths doing it only if you had to switch off from US headers...

The real restriction point in Euro cars is the muffler/ back boxes as our header is a piece of art. When switching to rpi and dyno the car the gains recorded were almost 10hp!!!!
Nikita thank you my friend once again for your feedback and your valuable opinion. Your guidance outside the forum and here is very important for me.

The reason I have second thoughts about what you and my mechanic told me, is the email I received from the the tuner, I plan to tune the car. Here is our discussion:

Me: What gains on Horsepower should I expect after the tuning?
Answer: They make 280 stock on our dyno. With intake and tuning they are about 320. With a free flowing exhaust they are in the 330 range. With headers and a very free flowing exhaust they are 340-350.

Me: From your experience can you please suggest me any headers and exhaust that produce these numbers? My mechanic say due the fact that the European cars have more free flow headers the change of them will not do any significant difference.
Answer: If it is for a street car the Euro are ok. If sound is not an issue, our headers or the SS stepped v1 will flow more air and thus do make more power. Quite a bit more in fact.

So I was thinking now that I will do the csl airbox and the tune to put also the headers to avoid the future tuning again if it makes also sense from power gain perspective and you don't get 5 hp. What do you think it worths the money?
Appreciate 0