View Single Post
      07-20-2016, 06:36 PM   #1
No_Dominion
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4M Coupe

eBay CF Engine Cover (Positive Experience)

I just received my CF engine cover via FedEx today that I purchased from an eBay retailer located in California. I was a bit hesitant at first about the purchase due to some horror stories I had read from other members regarding poor quality or fitment of covers from various companies, but I figured I'd give this one a try.

Overall I'm very pleased with the cover I received. The 2x2 weave is perfect, the clear coat looks quality, and it just looks good.

I did have to expand the mounting holes just a smidgen in order to get them to fit, but in my case it didn't even require a drill/dremel or any kind of power tool. I simply grabbed a hex key slightly larger in diameter than the existing holes, pushed it in, and then spun it a bit to open the holes up. After that, all it took was putting the cover on, lining the holes up, and applying some firm pressure, and the cover went into place. Took all of 5 minutes.

Considering that this cover looks good, fits decently enough, ships for free within the US, and only cost $103 I highly recommend it, if you're considering getting a cover.

Here is the link to the eBay ad: http://www.ebay.com/itm/191886814003?redirect=mobile

And some pics showing my cover after install. It looks pretty good with the eVenturi intake, I think. And one day will look even better next to a CF airbox.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1