View Single Post
      04-10-2014, 11:30 AM   #15
Steeler
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Built not Bought 04 Z4 VF

My car is at a much much lower tune than others but the limited interaction I have had with VF has been satisfactory.
The original tune for my application was too rich and kept tripping limp mode.
Their tech remapped my ECU and remotely installed it for me.
It seems to be working good so far since.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfanatic325 View Post
A custom tune would be purchased and done through an independent party (i.e. an experienced tuner). One such tuner goes by the name of Frank Smith. A custom tune can be either on the dyno (best case scenario as far as individually-catered performance for your car; which typically involves the client paying out of pocket to fly the tuner over to where the client resides, and the client also pays for the dyno/tuning session) or you could go with a remote tune (lower costs; which typically involves using datalogging hardware and software to record a bunch of vehicle parameters and other information required for tune-tweaking purposes, then the client and tuner keep sending log and tune files via email back and forth).

I myself went with a remote tune through Frank Smith, and he's helped my car tremendously. We're still going through the final phases of datalogging and minute tweaking of the part-throttle driveability, but the car has come a long way thanks to Frank.

The original supercharger tune provided with VF Engineering's kits were atrocious
My car ran like absolute crap. If I hadn't gotten the kit at a really good deal, I wouldn't have bothered putting up with their bullshit. Their customer service is horrid
W2A Intercooled Vortech V3Si, custom ducting, Alpha N, 60# Bosch,2.62 pulley, multi port WMI, Severn Tuning(pokeybritches), Tial, magnaflow,SS race muffler, 42 design,3.91LSD, H&R, Hotchkis,ST coils,Konis, Megan camber arms, AKG SS, Nylon mounts, Poly bushings, Carbon interior, CF Aero.APEX
Appreciate 0