Huz-Z
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0si, 328 XDrive, X5 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel_d66 View Post
Hello zpost,

I'm new to the board and new to bmw. I'm looking to purchase a 06-07 Si or maybe even an m roadster though I'm leaning towards the Si. I'm not a track guy or gear head though I have changed oil, filters, spark plugs and a distro cap before. I'm looking to get as much info from you to make an educated purchase. Thanks in advance for putting up with me.
Welcome!!!

As Stickmon said, the ///M can be a bit more maintenance work from time to time and its likely not as good on gas. However, you would be hard pressed to find an M owner on this board who regrets having bought their car. Fuel economy, well that is generally not a huge concern when your car has an M badge!

As for the SI, I've got one and I find it to be great. Its actually quite decent on gas and around town and in all practical highway situations, it has GOBS of power for the average joe, even when driving in a spirited manner. Some folks who have owned both cars report that the SI feels faster off the line and at "city" speeds than the M, but I can't personally attest to that comparison.

Here is a nice review of the SI:

http://www.auto123.com/en/bmw/z4/200...00&artid=90628

I can personally attest to this comment though:

"This engine pulls ferociously- especially on the highway where passing power is frankly startling."

Good luck with the search, whether you end up with an SI or an M, you are in for a lot of fun!

BMW Z4 3.0si Roadster. Montego Blue Metallic. Premium and Sport Package.
Appreciate 0