Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: ESS/G-Power Z4M, VF Z4, 996tt

Garage List
2006 BMW Z4M  [10.00]
2006 BMW Z4M  [8.50]
2003 BMW Z4 3.0i  [9.00]
No dyno yet, for several reasons. I'm not keen on spending half of what the mod cost me just to prove my point (aFe or any other vendor definitely isn't paying me for this). And, there are some that will never be satisfied with it and always dispute the results.

In the Fresno area, temps go from 60's at night to 100's during the day. If I was to do a before and after run, I'd need to be able to change out the aFe with the stock box and get it back up on the dyno pretty quickly or there will be a 5 degree difference in temperature, unless I find a dyno that's in a climate-controlled building (I haven't looked honestly). Secondly, I'd need to do several runs with both the aFe and stock box to get an honest baseline. Then, I'd have to quash the ECU adaptation argument by driving the car around with the stock box on for a week and then throwing it back on the dyno, with the stock box first and then switching out the aFe. That way both would have had a chance to go first with the ECU "adapted," and both would have had same-day, same-condition runs... all to show what I've pretty much said already - there is little change either way, though I bet it would be about +2 hp. I'm sure others will say that because the hood was open, this that and the other would be different and in real-world driving/on the track/etc. something else is different (ram air, who knows).

If anyone wants to pay for it I'd be happy to do it. aFe isn't paying me to promote their product so I'm really not keen on paying for two back to back sessions, twice, to get a result that would still be disputed. I know it sounds AWESOME, like how I think the car should sound. I'm pleased with it and haven't noticed any heat soak in the conditions I've driven the car.
Appreciate 0