View Single Post
      06-19-2014, 06:04 PM   #17
skim
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 Z4MC

So have you driven the Z4 M coupe yet?

I had a 95 993 and E86 M. When it came time to sell one of them, sadly I let go of the 993. I LOVED it, but I had a non-working AC, I had bit of bubbles forming near the rust prone areas of lower corners of the windshield and back window. Since mine was a 95, I didn't need to worry about valves throwing CEL for smogging, so it was one less thing to worry about. But I just figured as great and classic as the 993 is, it'll take more $$ to keep it in a great shape. That was pretty much the only reason I decided to keep the Z4.

My wife loved the 993 as well. Mine had the PSS10s and it rode better, handled more predictably vs the Z. The S54 in the Z4 in a way requires more maintenance as it needs regular valve adjustment and the 993 was pretty much bullet proof, just the issues I wanted to fix, I was looking at about 10-15k to address.

The brakes on the 993 is actually miles better over the 964 or 930. Mine had the regular black brakes, not the big reds. Maybe that's why the Z has more powerful brakes, just that the feel and fade-resistance go to the 993 brakes.