View Single Post
      02-04-2017, 08:35 AM   #86
JJZ4MR
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4M Roadster

Garage List
" pinch welds " ? detailed explanation please. The rectangular shaped side jack points with the hollow middle I know are the right point to use for the the jacks, I used the center jack point for the lift, after my " custom wooden steps. ( 1x4, 2x4, 2-2x4, 4x6 ) I placed them behind the front tires, walked it up, carefully placed wheel chucks behind rear tires, so I could not back up and fall off, which would crush the front skirt. Since I could not get my trolley jack to properly travel across at the center lift point, I placed a 10" 2x4 onto trolley and lifted the car up fairly high, from the side pad. For $34 I did find online a pad, made to precisely fit into this slot. Got the car up high enough, at least for the CDV R/R. But I did not want to get under the car with just the POS Harbor Freight trolley as my only lift. The seams along the side, that I wanted to then slide jack stand, with 2x4 under and place back down onto had the plastic side " skirt " along them and did not want to put the weight down, fearing breaking them. After cracking the windshield removing wiper arms, I was more than cautious about any more mishaps. My jack stands have the typical V shape and even with a 2x4 on top of them, just didn't feel safe. For $ 1,500 the 5000# Quick Lift is now on my wish list. Selling my 72 240 Z with a fresh 3.1 stroker I had professionally build would make that easier to swallow. How do I get ITrader status ? I know this is for Clutch Stop, apologies for the side track, probably should look at how to IM StickMon
Appreciate 0