View Single Post
      02-03-2017, 07:00 AM   #84
JJZ4MR
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4M Roadster

Garage List
I've looked at a ton of lifting options. Used a 2x4 on top of trolly jack once I made my temporary wood step ramp. My stone garage bottom is covered in a thick rubber mat I salvaged from a neighbor who had it as a decorative pond bottom, then I have the whole thing carpeted. This however will not allow the trolly wheels to creep, while the jack rises. I used a scrap sheet of metal under the jack, but the wheels started cutting into the metal. I need to have some 1/4 inch steel plates, long enough to have the entire jack on, to let it roll, so as to keep it under the jack point. I did find adapter pieces that are shaped to fit into the slot of the side lifting points. I got it up nice and high, just felt that my unlevel floor was a bit iffy. I also found a company that make pits. Fl water tables don't let you have much depth till you hit water and I'm one mile from the Gulf of Mexico....I could make some improvements to the stone bottom, then use my standard 25# plate weights for a base under each jack stand. that way I could get the car up on all four side jack points, level and safe. The $ 150 quote from my local Indy, for the CDV and CPV isn't sounding too bad right now though. Plus the shop is a 10 minute walk from the house
Appreciate 0