Rick F.
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 335i cabriolet

Quote:
Originally Posted by krnnerdboy View Post
amazing photography. I felt I was along with you for the ride
krnnerdboy,

Thanks very much. Once you start down "the dark side" of HDR photography, it's pretty hard to go back. It's way more work than regular pictures, but it brings out so much more of the detail in dark and light areas that would otherwise just get lost.

Of course, the frustrating part about these trips is the pictures I don't take. After driving by something that looks really interesting, but being unable to conveniently go back for it, I kick myself for miles!

The best picture I never got was on a motorcycle trip a couple of years ago, in Amish country. On a narrow road with a lot of fairly quick traffic, I spotted two little Amish girls walking down a farm lane, wearing their plain dark dresses and white bonnets--and each one holding several brightly colored balloons! It was a wonderful sight and, with their backs to me, they wouldn't have noticed if I'd stopped for a picture. But there was no place to stop and I had traffic behind me. By the time I could have turned around and gone back, they would have reached the farm house, and the picture would have been gone. Curses, foiled again!

Rick F.
Appreciate 0