Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4M Coupe

Garage List
2007 Z4 M COUPE  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedNy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by The HACK View Post
Well we know for sure the Skyer spoiler provide at least 1 more lbs of downforce.

Guys, the 3M Automotive Acrylic foam tape is THE industry standard and you'll find multiple OEs using it for expterior trim mounting purposes. Outside of drilling a hole on the hatch this double sided tape is about as secure as it gets.

It takes heat to release, so I wouldn't be TOO concerned about speed. I'd be more concerned if the car's parked outside in 120 degrees heat all the time as the foam in the tape will become brittle overtime.

Apply liberally and enjoy.
What about betalink or whatever it's called?
For my Tekarbon spoiler I used the 3M adhesion promoter below to give the tape that extra hold. I was worried that the residue would be tough to remove when I took the spoiler off but with a little elbow grease and goof off it came off with no apparent damage to paint or clear coat. Comes in small packet similar to hand wipes. Clean the car surface first, I used a clay bar, than rub this in the areas where the tape will adhere, let dry and than mount the spoiler. Be careful though, once that tape hits the surface it ain't coming off without destroying the tape

3M 4298 Adhesion Promoter, Sponge Applicator https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004TGJU2A..._cTsVzb9KQ6DGQ
Appreciate 1
WickedNy225.00