01-08-2012, 07:47 PM   #5
Jmanscotch
is a Texan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 135i - 6MT SOLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhoch View Post
If there was one that fit my Z4 I would go for it!
Which do you prefer, the AC vent mounted unit or one that folds into the dash?

Quote:
Originally Posted by psygnosis View Post
If your looking for more support, the E83 X3 uses the same radio as the Z4
This might be really handy. I wonder if the dash portion could be mounted into the Z4 and be plug and play. I might have to track down a junk dash...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaldTyres View Post
I'd buy one in a second if they came out with it. I'd prefer the one that folds down since I have a built-in Nav unit already but not a deal breaker. I just want a more updated unit with better graphics and integration with today's smartphones.
Thanks for the feedback.

From the updates I saw over my time following the E46 unit, they did a good job of trying to take feedback and make the setup the best it could be (with a big help on Jeffs part).

The real beauty of it is that it's all open format and if you're a tech savvy guy, you can really make the unit EXACTLY what you want it to be (there is even forums dedicated to the coding and customization of the interface).

I'm a good bit out of the loop on those types of things, so I'd be content with simply using it as is.

My hope is to get enough talk of interest here so we can approach Dynavin about adapting a product to the E85/6 platform for us.

Appreciate 0