View Single Post
      10-10-2012, 03:11 AM   #1
007MCoupe
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 Sakhir M3 ZCP

Reunited at last!

After a little over 13 months...I picked my car up from the port yesterday!

It's like falling in love all over again. the feel of the clutch, the notchiness of the shifter, DAT GROWL! I don't know what it is, but I don't remember my baby being so mean! Maybe the time away and only being able to live vicariously through the forum and youtube i hear her better than ever. Today for lunch I'm taking her down the autobahn. I can't help myself! I need to do a full fluid change soon, but I gotta stretch her legs! I'll be on my BEST behavior until I get my fluids and mods on before I get her on the Ring, but it's going to be tough!

I'll be making an ongoing thread in the pictures section of my travels (or just keep updating this one...) until she gets put in hibernation for the harsh German winter. I've got a 320 wagon for that season.

The looks are coming back too. When I pulled into the gas station on base, I saw a guy with a silvergray E92 M3 giving me the stink eye. Mad jelly haha. I missed the craning necks and googly eyes.

I love that I fit in since it's a Bimmer, yet I still stand out since it's an MCoupe. I've only seen one other Z4M so far, but it was a roadie. not that there's anything wrong with that. lol Just on the drive from getting her back to the house I had an Audi S5 come up behind, pass, honk and wave, then got back behind me. Followed me to base and we had a good chat about our love of cars.