View Single Post
      11-14-2013, 11:15 AM   #1116
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZStig View Post
That scares me, I've had enough troubles with my oil filter breaking...
The problem those alpina guys had was mainly due to that that bolt holding the mechanical tensioner down broke, so that would be solvable. Could be a specific alpina problem as an alpina engine is always a parts bin as they build their own engines from different bmw parts.

But I think that larger pulleys is a more certain route to solving the problem. I don't know if a mechanical tensioner has more tension and if that would solve anything. You can't adjust the tension on the mechanical tensioner. Also the mechanical tensioner might have different harmonics so that it could just as well perform worse on the high revs even if tension was heavier. The s engines always had the hydraulic ones.

The crack pulley on the s54 is already a seperated pulley from the dampener, so fabrication is not that complicated (a lot of engines have those 2 intergrated into 1 part which would complicate things).
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t

Last edited by GuidoK; 11-14-2013 at 11:21 AM..
Appreciate 0