View Single Post
      11-22-2008, 09:36 AM   #1
<<M>>
Rep
Drives: z4

brand new car, couple of concerns already :)

So I have a brand new Z4 M Roadster, and the cigarette lighter port has some black rough stuff at the bottom, doesn't wipe out with my finger.

I can get it swapped out for a new part, but my friends identically new M Roadster also has this stuff. Both of our cig lighters do not power up accessories

Has anyone else seen this black stuff on the cig lighter power ports on their bmws?

-------------------------------------

Also, still learning about the car, and I don't see this info in manual:

Does passenger side rear view mirror not go down when you put car into reverse? This would be the first modern BMW that I've seen that doesn't have that feature.

My headlight washer nozzle cap flew off on the highway, does anyone know the fuse number for the headlight washers? I'm going to deactivate them as they don't seem to do much to clear the headlight anyway.

Do any Z4s come from the factory with an alarm system? My friends and my cars both only have prewiring. (strangely his rearview mirror red LED light flashes when locked, mine does nothing).

Obviously there are many many things I love about the car so far, but these were a few things on my mind that I couldn't find answers to by RTFM!
Appreciate 0