View Single Post
      10-05-2016, 02:04 AM   #252
tiltmode43
I plead the 5th.
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 Frontier Pro-4X, '06 Z4MR

Oh my goodness. Arsonism, I am SO sorry to see how this has gone. I commented in this thread nearly a year ago, after a new block was en route. I saw this thread had been bumped up a few times but didn't give it much thought. I just read this from start to finish...

Over my 2 years of Z ownership I've gone through a few cases of not having my car for extended periods, 2x due to shop negligence (IMO). I am a little late to the party now but I can all but guarantee they saw you as a non-paying customer, thus just pushed the project aside. It's a shame, and may not even be intentional, but the likely truth. I learned this the hard way as well - "It's at this shop, it's at that shop, etc. etc." were excuses I too heard. I didn't have too much $ tied up in my issue, it wasn't as long of a timeframe, and I had another car to drive so it was easier to let it slide but I know how it can eat away at you. The legal approach seems like a good idea given the $ involved, but given the recent posts it at least looks like things are properly moving along. I 100% understand the fear of putting too much pressure, them having no legal obligation, so having fear of receiving a subpar product back; this part was eerily comparable to my situation. It's a real shame that some people who seem like standup folk can't be trusted, regardless of their intentions and words. You live, you learn; 10 years down the line this may all be laughable in retrospect. Due to the random issues I had I got the vanity plate CURSDZ but your car may be more deserving

A silver lining to all of this - the E86 M has depreciated very slowly (if at all?) so at least this doesn't need to be factored into things.

If you ever end up in Orange County, CA (who knows, god forbid future issues, maybe your car will end up at Lang) shoot me a PM, you definitely deserve a beer (or two) for this one. Thanks for your service as well.

BTW, thanks LangRacingDevelopment for dropping in and lending public advise for a non-customer. Still appreciate the work you did on my car in the past

| Z4M Build Thread | @violetnites | flickr |
Appreciate 0