View Single Post
      03-01-2011, 05:19 PM   #9
fr8tdog
International Bar Hopper
Rep
Drives: 2006 Imola Red Z4 M Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnieAces View Post
Has anyone ever contacted HPF (Horse Power Freaks)??

I know they have some insane S/C kits for the S54 (e46 M3 fitted) and so all that would have to be done is refitting it into the Z4M bays..

anyone try asking them if it was possible? Tho i know this company usually costs big bucks but you truly get big gains!

Edit: Why cant we just ask every company that has made a S/C for the E46 M3 to fit it into our cars? (noob question)

Actually it's a good question. I contacted HPF before I decided on my ESS VT2-500 and was told they weren't ready to start a turbo project for the Z4 M as of yet. I was told to hit em up in about a year before they would consider making a turbo kit for the Z4 M. The E46 M3 actually has a weaker sub frame and that is a "must do" reinforcement before they install the turbo kits. The Z4 M doesn't have this issue or any issue with the transmission to handle high horse power. The weak links will be the head studs under high boost just like the m3 and lowering compression with lc forged pistons and HD forged rods. The tuning is always a major consideration as well as fitment parts as Beedub noted. The head studs have been addressed by HPF with L19 studs that can handle major boost without lifting. Hpf has also found a way to bore and hone without any taper to allow 1200 horsepower out of these S54 motors. They don't actually reflash the DME like ESS does for our supercharger kits. They use a EMS in conjunction with the DME with amazing results. I think an HPF 2.75 kit on a Z4 M would be an absolute blast!!! You will be forking out $30,000... but what a ride that would be. Emissions would also be a concern as well. The problem with our cars isn't the ability to handle the power or tune them.... the problem is with supply and demand to support the cost involved with building these kits. Remember the Z4 M is a relatively rare car and was developed 4 years after the first E46 M3 which I believe was 2002. The E46 M3 was mass produced and is older with warranty not a player and price of cars being lower. Cheers

note: I predict you will see HPF Z4 M's in the next couple of years, with maybe 1 or 2 by next year

Last edited by fr8tdog; 03-01-2011 at 05:32 PM..
Appreciate 0