View Single Post
      05-05-2017, 04:30 PM   #16
bananabun
Captain
Rep
Drives: E86 M, E92 M

Quote:
Originally Posted by v3.2mc
i purchased the RB 4pot fronts and 2pot rears 3-4 years ago (can't honestly remember how long i've had them on the car now). they've held up beautifully!

the only advice i can give you from personal experience is: when ordering them, make sure to be very clear on your climate. RB defaults to putting in "hot-climate" piston seals. this is all well and good until you go to get the car out of storage in the spring after a normal sub-zero winter here and find that all of the brake fluid is on the floor, and has destroyed the finish on the wheels, the tires got soft (therefore needed replacing), and the screen-printed logo on the calipers has flaked off. while RB did cover the cost of replacing the seals on all 4 calipers and redo the graphic on the calipers, i had to front the money for all the other repairs. since that was fixed though... no issues to report. i would absolutely buy again! just be clear about your needs. RB is a great company, and you'll likely be happy with their products
Wow, I didn't even see that as an option on their site. Will be sure to mention it to them if I buy. Thanks for sharing, and glad you got it sorted out! long lasting, quality stuff is exactly what I'm looking for.