View Single Post
      09-19-2015, 11:29 PM   #42
Z4speedster
Rep
Drives: 2004 Z4 BMW 2.5i

Hello ,I to am fighting with the convertible top on my 2004 Z4. I followed all the instructions and pictures that Shipkiller provided. Thank you again for everything ! I was able to remove the top and found that the motor was full of corrosion and water. I,m pretty handy when it comes these types of things. After a little research I was able to rebuild the hydroelectric motor. Then used a jump wire from the battery to test it and it worked great. Then I made sure that system was was full of hydraulic fluid and all sealed up. Was able to get everything put back together , testing the motor periodically. Once everything was buttoned up I hooked all the electrical up. Pretty easy since they only fit with their matching plugs. Also made sure the micro switch in the trunk was working. Then everything went south and my car was haunted. When the top was down and locked I would have to use the jump wire to the appropriate plug-end to unlock the latches. When I pushed the down button on the console the top comes up. And then won't go back up. Again when I use the jump wire it operate s just fine. Only now I have no lights on the console. I'm wondering if it could the white box on the driver side that controls the top I think. I'm getting ready to do it all over again unless some can please help me.
Appreciate 0