09-17-2011, 07:37 PM   #7
mfanatic325
///M-fanatic
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: '01 911 Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcdedric View Post
I've been toying with the idea of doing Euro headers, but I'm just not sure if they will give me much extra sound. What keeps me going back to them is the hp gain. More sound (but not overkill) is really what I'm after though. I'd be more than happy with no hp gain and some SS race mufflers.

On an otherwise stock exhaust setup, I wouldn't think just deleting the secondary cats would make the car much louder, right?
For most people, this is exactly what they want: just a bit more sound.

So I recommend getting just the mufflers. No HP gain really, but sounds great!

Power gains via exhaust go as follows:
1) headers - largest power/torque gain, but with all else equal, will come with a little bit of rasp
2) section2 (x-pipe) - second largest power/torque gain, with slight sound increase
3) section1 (s-pipe) - third largest power/torque gain, with slight sound increase, and A LOT of rasp if you put in unresonated section1 and already have headers
4) mufflers only - least power/torque gain, with major sound difference; changes the car's tone quite a bit, without changing the characteristic of the motor (obviously)

You could do JUST section1 or JUST section2, but they won't be as noticeable as changing JUST mufflers.
Appreciate 0