View Single Post
      04-03-2009, 01:31 PM   #6
SDTopless
I just wanna do my car
United_States
Rep
Drives: 350z RevUp =)

Dang, awesome help guys. So I've decided to prolly get Kaplan because their questions are more difficult (some say), but I also hear they don't update their content & pool of questions. I also plan on getting another one, but I'll have to see which ones have good reviews and which ones are best suited for myself.

As far as a prep class goes I have a feeling I may not use it to its full potential ie. not listening, be too tired etc. But then again it will force me to at least get some sort of studying done. So coming from that you can tell I'm not well disciplined and not too good at studying, however, then again there's more at stake with this "big test," which will in turn force/motivate me to do well. So I guess I'm still on the fence with this. I'm thinking I may get a friend or a few to help tutor me, or I'll pay for a class to help me on the area that needs improvement.

The idea about a school that empshasizes entrepreneurship sounds like a good idea, but then again I was thinking about what's practical for this upcoming economy. Since I graduated with a B.A. in Econ back in '06 my booksmart skills will be a bit rusty. Also, since then I've been involved with sales, insurance, home lending, and currently retail management. As lost as I find myself like other people my age, I'm just trying to figure out what I want to do in life or at least have a path/plan/direction to go. So now more questions:

4. I find myself to be a more visual and linear type of person so if there's a process, then I can memorize it and apply it when I recognize its use. I think I have a little bit of an odd mind when it comes to analyzation and logic so I'd like to know the appropriate way to take the test. Should I just get Kaplan & Princeton? Or maybe the Official Guide?

5. I know it matters what school I go to, but how much? I want to make sure I'm getting an education and not just a certificate. I also want to make sure I get a decent job afterwards.

6. Another also... I have a 2.8 GPA (didn't know I'd be applying to business school) and that sucks for top business schools. I know that will affect my choices, but I'm wondering what else I can do about it?

Anyway, my study plan is to take a sample test to gauge where I'm at, then do one of the reviews and take another, and do another review and take another sample. Then I'll try and focus on my "needs improvement" areas and take another exam. My friend said to take it right after when I'm ready and to not overstudy because he did that and regretted it. After I get a good score, I'll guess I'll narrow down my choices and try and speak with that school to see what I can do to get in.

Thanks again in advance and expect more questions. And yes I know I should just be on some sorta' mba forum, but I like this place.