Rep
Drives: Z4 35is

Garage List
2012 Z4 35is  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by -c-
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeutschRennfahrer
Just to be sure, I can still drive the car with the new manifold before I do the tune, right? Will the DISA valves know what to do?
Yep and it drives fine. Had mine on for over a year while developing a tune before the tune ever went on the car. You should notice a slight boost.

We were able to transfer the SI factory tuning onto the I ECU and the engine worked great, but the problem was the automatic trans. If the car where a manual it would have worked great. Ended up giving the car to my mom when I bought the 135is before I ever finished the tune as it hit a dead end trans wise. But other tuners have since broke that barrier since this had become a popular modification.
I managed to splice all of the SI code into my DME and the car runs great, no issues with the Auto trans. I could not get winfkp to flash the file but BDM worked fine. The process works for 325s as well

I am now working on a custom tune from the SI file. I have a lot more to learn so Its slow going. It's not like anyone has posted a how to tune your msv70 on the Internet.
Appreciate 0