View Single Post
      02-16-2013, 03:27 PM   #101
beta
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2006 M Roadster

Yeah no worries guys. I made it very clear that this is for dual use, so that we end up with an aggressive street and track tuned setup.

When we were talking about this it came up that a well tuned suspension for aggressive street and track ends up being very similar to what you would do to tune the suspension for something like the ring. There are so many different corners, bumps and elevation changes that you can't go overly stuff. You can only go overly stiff on a perfectly flat surface, which the ring (and the world) is not.

From their website:

Quote:
Despite what other suspension manufacturers may tell you, comfort is king, even when you are trying to set-up a competition machine. Our vast experience on events like the World Rally Championship and Isle of Man TT races has shown us that the fastest drivers and riders are those that aren’t being shaken to bits as they go flat out. The ‘science of compliance’ is a hugely important part of our design work
So trust me we will be getting the best possible suspension. I just wanted to (if possible) leave the possibility out there for those that may want to go stiffer for their particular usage.