View Single Post
      04-18-2009, 10:07 PM   #45
Z4MHawk
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 Z4 M Roadster

Just completed cdv change over and it was a little tougher than I thought.

Here are my thoughts:

1.) 2 person job
2.) The tube recommended in the write up should be expanded to include a brake bleeder bottle.
3.) Obvious point but brake reservoir is the clutch fluidreservoir.
4.) Use Dot 4 fluid or better. it said it on the top of the brake reservoir but it still might be a question and the owners manual is crap.
5.) You may loose a lot of fluid initially from the slave, even with the hose clamped from the reservoir. I don't know if this because I had the front tires on ramps and the angle of the slave. I used 8 onces of new brake fluid.
6.) use 7mm wrench to open and close nipple each time. Hand tite may let air thru between pedal pumps.
7.) It may take quite a few pumps of the pedal to get all the air out so be patient. follow dirrections from earlier zpost's to close nipple on down stroke.

Drives a lot smoother so I am happy with the change out. I also used white nail polish to match old cdv mark just in case.