03-10-2018, 02:33 PM   #21
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdb View Post
Agreed, the 2-poster is the better lift for pure repair work. And it can double as storage too, so long as you don't mind the wheels hanging -- or maybe someone makes a set of channels to fix that? My comments were mostly from surprise at how versatile a well equipped 4-poster can be.
I live on a river, so on occasion I will store my vehicles in the garage if we are going to have very inclement weather and chance of a major flood event. I can get the Z4 and Z3 in the lift bay, stacked, with the Honda MC tucked up front (Z3's are short ). The wood shop side I can get the H3T in there and then batten down the hatches. I throw the tractor under the carport which is near a small creek because cast iron doesn't float very well. The rear tires are filled with ethylene glycol for weight counterbalance to the front bucket.

The E90 has to fend for himself at this point...

Good luck with getting the real man cave built.
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."
Appreciate 0