Thread: GTA Z4's
View Single Post
      01-25-2008, 10:33 AM   #25
BigLeo48
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Z4MC

In contrast, my wash works very well and here is why. First I have a good machine, a PDQ Laser M5. It can go to 1200PSI and has great ultrasonics that allow you to get very close to the car without touching it. I never touch cars (unless some idiot drives in with hugh towing mirrors). My dryers also don't drop down on the car, they are just very powerful.

Next, I use chems from 3 different brands that I feel are the best. This is my top wash. 1-Undercarriage and side gatlin guns for 25 sec to get any loose stuff off the bottom half of the car. 2-High pressure pass to remove snow if we've had a dumping (soap cannot penatrate when there is 2" of snow on the car). 3-Heated Low pH Soap pass (Transmate). 4-Heated Hi-pH soap (glass & chrome) Simoniz, 4- 20 sec Dwell Time (soaps need time to work) 5-HP Rinse, 6- Tripple Foam polish (Simoniz), 7-HP Rinse, 8- RainX Total Surface Protectant (last about a month and what a shine!) from Ecolabs. 9-Spot Free rinse (deminerilized water, so no left over minerals that leave spots). 10- 90 sec blow dry. I spend about $3 on chems per car. But the car comes out great. I run my Z4MC, Lexus through it 3 or 4 times a week with no problems. I have regulars with C4S, CLS-55 AMG, Maybacks, etc. and they are very happy with the results.

So it you want a good touchless, find an independant that knows his stuff.

Last edited by BigLeo48; 01-25-2008 at 10:59 AM..
Appreciate 0