View Single Post
      04-01-2013, 12:49 PM   #1
bax008
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2005 BMW Z4

To keep or sell our Z4 decision

I recently posted on the forum, to keep or sell our Z4. I received a number of responses and I thank you for that. When I was in my 40's I went out and purchased a basket case 1967 Triumph TR4-A that was sitting in a barn in PA for $1,500. I, along with a good friend did a complete body off restoration on the car. I entered it in numerous car shows and won numerous trophies and enjoyed driving the car every chance I got. I sold the car some years ago. I started getting the itch for another sports car to enjoy. 2 years ago I was in the position to purchase another car, my decision was a 2005 Z4. The enjoyment I got from driving, washing, waxing and working on the car made me feel like I had my old TR4-A back, but much better in every way. When I look at the car it brings a smile to my face. My wife put her foot down and said we were not selling the car, and I agreed. Our decision is to keep our Z4 for as long as we can, put 100,000 miles + on the Prius and drive the Z4 every weekend, with the top down of course. As I look at cars today they all seem to look more and more alike, but when I see a Z4 on the road, I know what it is the second I see it.If we let this car go we will most likely never replace it, now that we are in our 60's. So we will hold on to it, enjoy it and stop concerning myself with the miles. Thanks again
Appreciate 0