View Single Post
      01-28-2011, 11:03 AM   #10
DZeckhausen
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X1 xDrive28i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMZ432 View Post
Closest I've come to losing my girl! I had total brake failure at the end of the straight on Wednesday at a local track. Foot to the floor, pumping.... nothing..... please come back please come back..... nope.... come on you b*stard!.... nothing..... oohh shit....

When I got back to the pits my front left brake was on fire and needed extinguishing, the liquid on the ground is what little brake fluid was left in the system. I think what happened is the pads and caliper over heated so badly that the seal in the brake line melted and started spewing fluid. I'll know more next week.
I'm guessing it will turn out your brake line failed, due to road debris or something else cutting a slice out of it. I've also seen them fail because someone removed a caliper, then reinstalled with the line twisted the wrong way. I'm sure that's NOT what happened here, right? ;-)

You are very lucky, mixed in with some driving talent. Glad you managed to bring it safely to a stop! Would be interested to hear what the post-mortum determines was the cause. And congrats on the Trophy brakes. I've got them on my Corvette and love them!