Rep
Drives: Anything

Garage List
2008 Z4M Coupe  [10.00]
2018 Audi S3  [0.00]
2004 X5  [8.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by onebluemcm View Post
I have 18 x 9 Front , offset is +38 with a 245/40 and 18 x10 Rear , offset is +27 with a 285/35. I am in need of tires due to age, sadly not due to mileage, and this time around I think I'm going 245/40 front and 275/35 rear. My only issue currently is with rubbing from the inner top edge of the rear tire on the fender liner, and only under really heavy g-outs, so really uncommon anyway, the 285 is pretty big. No issue up front. I think you should be fine at a mild to modest drop from stock. If you are on stock suspension still, you will notice a pretty huge improvement going to a PSS10/B16 Bilstein setup.
Looks like you have a more aggressive wheel/tire setup than I do - so if you don't have any clearance issue with the front strut/perch or rear suspension area then I think I should be good as well. I'm fine with fender clearance with only rubbing at the bumper/fender liner at full compression - this is the main reason I don't want to go lower than stock.

I think the B16 PSS10 have internal bump stops front and rear, so I won't need the OE external bump stops on both front and rear, correct?

Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomjonesBT33 View Post
I have B6s with stock springs and love it. Not too firm, not too soft - just right. Handles great, but compliant enough to use as a daily driver as well
Thanks for the feedback. How often do you end up crashing into the bump stop/bottoming out with the B6s? More or less often than stock? Or about the same? I've heard mixed reviews about the B6s - some says they bottom out a lot and others are quite happy like yourself without any complaints on hitting the bump stops