04-19-2013, 04:24 PM   #105
Caddyshk
M = Midlife Crisis
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4MC Interlagos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaxile View Post
I agree that most M coupes in the GTA are brought from the US, but I've seen a few Canadian spec ones as well.
I was interested in buying an M coupe last summer (but having a baby became the priority) and have seen 5 and actually test drove 3 of them.

I've seen the first ever (2006, of course) Sepang Bronze Metallic / Dark Sepang Bronze leather (LL93061, 1 of 4) with 46k km, owned by a fine gentleman that moved on to a Subie WRX STI. Don't know if he sold it. He was looking for $36k at that time.

Missed by 1 day a 2008 Canadian Interlagos / Light Sepang Extended (LM08675, 1 of 1) with 12k km, was for sale by Grand Touring Autos for $32k...

Have seen a 2007 Black/Black with the CF-look leather trim, with 25k km, was for sale by Autobahn Pre-Owned for $34k...

There's a 2006 Canadian Monaco / Light Sepang (LL93204, 1 of 1) for sale right now in Oakville, with 36k km and the seller wants $32k, which is a good deal considering the rarity and mileage.

I also happen to have a neighbor that lives around the High Park area and he has a Silver M coupe with some "interesting" blue wheels.

So I've seen my fair share of M coupes... I'd say we have between 30-50 in the GTA alone.
If memory serves me there were ~ 190 made for the Canadian Market. There were 4 cars on the first rail can brought into the Vaughan yard June 30th 2006. Mine was the first registered Customer Canadian car LL93158 (yes we went down and took it directly from the yard). There were 3-4 Corporate cars on the streets about a month earlier. In fact mine was the first ordered for a Customer. Didn't even have a full options sheet. Just a fax and $2,000 with a couple of stipulations.
SS Race Cans, RE X Pipe, DKF Sec 1, Fabspeed Headers, OE STB, AS Shifter, Dave Z CDV, GC Coil Overs, Stoptech lines, Hawk DTC Pads, RE Clutch Stop, RE Transmission Mounts, Vibra-Technics Engine Mounts, Poly FCAB & RTAB, LeatherZ M Shift Boot, Tekarbon Rear Spoiler, CF Grills, Advan RS DGM
Appreciate 0