View Single Post
      02-16-2023, 02:40 PM   #9
Dynamics99
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 & E90 335i 6MT MSport

Smile

UPDATE: Got some time to track down the errors. Used ISTA to see the resistance between different airbags. Tracked it down to the Driver side front steering wheel airbag stage 2 connection was at 0.8 Ohms. It was below the threshold. The accepted levels for that specific airbag are between 1.4 Ohms to 3.2 Ohms. I'm running a quick-release steering wheel OMP setup so apparently, the resister became disconnected from the yellow stage 2 clip. Once I secured it back in the resistance reading was at 2.9 Ohms and fell between the threshold.

The second code was the Battery Safety Terminal. The resistance was too high showing at 5.9 Ohms. The accepted values for the threshold are between 1.4 Ohms and 3.2 Ohms. So I cleaned up the BST connector with an air duster and plugged it back in. Then carried out a test with ISTA which showed 2.4 Ohms. So I then cleared out the codes and now my dash is lights free.

I was reading online about how the BST can be finicky but mine was not blown, it just needed a cleaning.
Appreciate 1
wdb4754.00