View Single Post
      09-09-2011, 07:49 PM   #13
MFGJR
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4 M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekurgan View Post
I used some Krytox 205 grease and put a minimum amount on the raised lock "button", then cycled them a few times and it hasn't returned. I think the grease acts as a vibration absorber within that little cylinder where the button resides. May be worth a cheap shot to try before removing the panel. These parts are likely behind the plastic moisture guard, and the butyl tape is difficult to remove cleanly. Krytox I used as it doesn't dry out, it doesn't smell and it has an extreme temp rating.
Great suggestion re: the grease as a damper. I REALLY dont want to pull the panel and open the moisture barrier. I'll give it a shot tomorrow and will report back. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by robrwalker View Post
Holly crap - you may be right about mine too...I kept thinking it was the B-pillar (or is it a-pillar - the pillar between window and the small triangle window) to the point that I ripped my interior trim off that pillar to see what was under it; managed to lose one of the clips in the process too, so here i sit right now with no interior trim on the pillar and still this crappy noise!
Yep, I just knew it was the B pillar, and did the same thing to no avail. Also lost one of the clips--can get them from the dealer. Been bugging me for two years. Then for some reason I flicked the lock button and there it was... Never imagined so many others have the same issue. Good luck.
Appreciate 0