11-01-2012, 11:45 PM   #7
pmmjarrett
Retired Paratrooper
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW Z4 3.0i Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by zgood4u View Post
I've done that route before and I found it to be much longer time-wise for some reason and the X factor will be with me, the wife.
Ya gotta learn to keep the left door shut because it's actually a faster route. I'm telling you that as a retired trucker, not because google maps says so. I'll stay off 95 and avoid the GWB anyday when I have an alternate.. Of course with my X factor with me, keeping the left door shut or just doing a 5 minute stop is an impossible task. Good luck, safe travels.

FWI- 3 crossings to consider across the Hudson river running up 95 These crossing are fairly close to each other providing access to New York, Manhatten and the Bronx

George Washington Bridge is open, but the Holland Tunnel is closed and the Lincoln Tunnel is now restricted to HOV3 only between 6am and midnight. Most of the traffic that was split between those three crossings is now pretty much forced to the GW Bridge. You may want to consider crossing the Hudson further north on the Tappan Zee (I 287)
Appreciate 0