arggg45
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: fairly quickly.

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSKE92 View Post
I did car control clinics, I did autocross, I was even prepping for my first track day. When the car started skidding I did what I was trained to do, slow it down and keep it straight. I have nothing to hide with this accident, no racing was involved. And ask anyone in the community, I'm known as an avid anti drink/drug teenager. Ive even busted a few kids who stayed too close to me when participating in such things. This car has always been my weakness, pissing off old ladies at Starbucks with it's exhaust, cheering up this kid I see everyday on the street with a rev or two. It's a beast. I should've waited to get it.
Being a younger owner, what is important is that you were/are doing it right. I'm won't question that you work to pay for your car, but to people saying that giving a kid a car like a Z4M is foolish, I agree, but they're missing the point. By working to pay for the car, even if he is just paying off his parents, he has a pride of ownership that kids who are given a car never get.

Again, my thoughts and prayers are with you/your family as well as your friend and his family.

Now, ignoring how he acquired the car, he recognizes that the Z4M is a powerful and tricky car to drive. By taking it to autocrosses and car control clinics he was effectively buying an "insurance" policy against the potential for an accident down the road. Imagine how much worse it could have been if he had reacted in a different way and hit the tree at 50, or rolled the car, etc.

Last edited by arggg45; 04-05-2011 at 02:11 PM.. Reason: Typo
Appreciate 0