View Single Post
      04-05-2011, 01:53 PM   #84
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M/. Z3M, E36/46 M3

I am very happy to hear that your friend is looking good and coming around. That is the best news in the world.

That's quite a post there my friend. I respect and admire you for taking responsibility for your actions and for being straight about the whole incident and honest about the car being a weakness. That you work and pay for it yourself speaks volumes, and that you'd taken car control clinics and so on says a lot too.

I can only speak for myself here, but it is hard to resist the allure of the power and speed of these little beasts. And I'm a good 30 years older than you are....Any temptation I might have will be tempered with a thought of this thread and keeping things on the track.

Then again, like The Hack pointed out in another thread, any car is enough to get into trouble with the car is taken beyond the point skills/conditions and judgement will allow.

I got in enough trouble and was very lucky once when I was your age while simply driving my beat up B210. It all of 35 HP on a good day! All it took was a few seconds of bad judgement on my to cause what could have been a very bad day for me and other folks as well. I was lucky. It could have gone the other way for me as well.

Hang in there. You will make it through this and I have no doubt you'll come out the other side stronger. I again am very thankful your friend is okay.

Last edited by Finnegan; 04-05-2011 at 02:23 PM.. Reason: clarity
Appreciate 0