View Single Post
      10-23-2017, 11:37 AM   #4
dc_wright
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z43.0si Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by in2twins View Post
The second option is precisely the direction I am headed, Not clear on whether the damper would require re-valving. I suppose that depends on spring rates, The question is given the stock spring rate and the preferred AX /street rate can you use the same damper without having it rebuilt?

The advantage is you can play in B street or make a better handling less competitive car with the aftermarket mounts and springs.

I will let you know what they say.
Definitely interested in what their current thinking is. One of the reasons I was looking at the DA dampers (in addition to the separately adjustable compression and rebound) was they have the rebound adjuster at the base of the shock, and the compression adjuster on the top of the body. This gives access to both adjustments without having to take the rear shocks off the car. The standard Koni Sport for the rear have to be fully compressed to engage the internal adjuster so the bump stop and dust sleeve has to come off and the quiescent pressure from the gas charge is about 50 lbs so even with the bump stop and sleeve removed, I've never been able to compress the shock and keep it compressed to make the adjustment.