View Single Post
      10-22-2012, 10:49 AM   #11
bortous
Registered
Rep
Drives: HSV Clubsport R8

Hi. Im thinking of getting the Advan neova ad08 for my daily drive as I love the feel of a responsive tyre. Basically a great driving experience on the street is what Im after.
I have a heavy car which is a HSV clubsport R8 down here in Australia.
It weighs 1700KG and has had numerous modifications done to the suspension such as shocks, springs, sway bars, and all bushes at the front and rear.
I currently have Michelin Pilot super sport tyres which I am not overly happy with.
They have good grip in the wet and dry, ride well and have low noise but since fitting this tyre and coming off the Advan sport, this tyre lost a lot of steering response and road feedback. Lane changes can't be made as quick as this tyre is too soft and flexes too much. Overall my vehicle feels less confident on corners as the steering does not respond instantly or have quick reaction times. It's too linear in it's response and not confident inspiring.
My only choice is to go back to the Advan sport which I do not want to because it does not have enough ultimate grip so the Neova AD08 is my only choice. It will have more dry grip, less wet grip, better steering response and much better handling and cornering ability but also increased NVH.
I actually contacted tire rack and they said to me that between the neova ad08 and the super sport, the advan makes about 10% more noise and rides about 10% firmer also.
They also said the neova ad08 has special cushioning inside it to maximise ride quality.
Unfortunately you can't have it all....
Let me know your thoughts.
Best regards
Appreciate 0