Drives: R8, 996 C2, Z4MR (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerbruce View Post
KW suspension
Brembo rakes
OZ Ultraleggera rims
Supercharger
Recaro seats
KW is on my shortlist to replace mag ride (which is a well known weak point on 1st gen R8). Next would be a supercharger but gotta let the wallet cool down a bit

Quote:
Originally Posted by deemo319 View Post
Congratulations on the new-to-you ride, and enjoy the car. Learn about it from your new perspective.

And the E86 is going to be very hard to forget. It's a unique car and will only prove to be more so as time goes by.

You can always purchase an E86 M Coupe down the road, it will just be much more expensive is all.

Roll the R8 and just enjoy it.
That's precisely what I have in mind, to buy another M a few years down the road. Haven't put mine up for sale yet so who knows maybe I just hang on to it, since prices will surely go up (already starting to creep up a bit).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick F. View Post
Spaceman Spiff,

Enjoy the Audi R8! They're very nice-looking cars, with excellent performance and great reliability.

As for me, I'll stick with my 2013 BMW 335i convertible and the 2007 Aston Martin Vantage V8 (with manual 6-speed) that I bought last year. These are both wonderful cars, although very different in a number of respects.

If you'd like to see my photo-laden touring articles with both cars, check out my new website at rsftripreporter.net.

Rick F.
I have read every one of your posts here in the past few years, and will continue to follow your adventures The Vantage look and sounds amazing (and I love the color on yours)! Admittedly, it has the R8 and the vast majority of other similar cars beat on both counts. Throw in the 6MT and it's in the top 3 best overall packages for the money right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinM View Post
Congratulations - MT (I hope)? Love the gated shifter.

Rick,

Beautiful car and pictures! I have always loved the idea of a manual Vantage V8 but am scared off by tales of reliability. What has your experience been? I assume you did a lot of research before taking the plunge so I'm curious what you found. I'm going to pick up a new car to replace the M3 in a year, and will probably by a M2 Competition, but...

Kevin
6MT and the shifter is the highlight for sure. Everything about it from the feel to the mechanical sound is just perfect!

Rick will have more accurate info on the Vantage, but from my research when I was considering it, that generation is one of the most reliable AM cars. The only significant weakness is the clutch, and of course the cost of regular maintenance is pretty high (closer to an Italian exotic than BMW). I was looking at 2009+ with the upgraded engine.
Appreciate 0