View Single Post
      04-10-2018, 09:47 AM   #5
baege
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 Cayman GTS 4.0 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceman Spiff View Post
Soooo I got quite a dilemma. Have been eyeing Aston Martins for a while and today test drove a V8 Vantage N420. It was a roadster, so not as good looking as the coupe IMO but still very handsome (definitely better looking that the Z4MR). The engine pulled very strong, although low end torque was not significantly better than the MR (it does feel quicker in general). Turning was fine and the car stayed pretty flat around tight corners.

Concerns: It just didn't WOW me. I came out feeling like it wasn't as much fun or tossable as the MR. The V8V definitely feels much larger/heavier, and not in a good way (if there is one). Now I am just wondering what to do. I've been thinking about getting a new car lately just to change things up a bit (after being in non-M and M zeds for over a decade), but don't want to end up regretting the move.

Other options are a 997 911 (which is an amazingly composed car, but just doesn't have the uniqueness of the MR), or an Audi R8 (still an option, although I haven't test driven one).

I am sure there must be folks here who have experienced one or more of these alternatives (or others) so please do chime in.

Edit: Forgot the most outstanding quality of the V8V: That exhaust note! It's simply the best I have ever heard (sport exhaust).
the vantage was always my dream car
best looking car ever in my view
and sounds glorious

test drove several as possible replacements for my z4 coupe and cayman buts its driving dynamics always let me down...big cumbersome feel
Appreciate 0