View Single Post
      04-09-2018, 09:15 PM   #1
Spaceman Spiff
Captain
Rep
Drives: R8, 996 C2, Z4MR (sold)

Test drove a V8 Vantage N420

Soooo I got quite a dilemma. Have been eyeing Aston Martins for a while and today test drove a V8 Vantage N420. It was a roadster, so not as good looking as the coupe IMO but still very handsome (definitely better looking that the Z4MR). The engine pulled very strong, although low end torque was not significantly better than the MR (it does feel quicker in general). Turning was fine and the car stayed pretty flat around tight corners.

Concerns: It just didn't WOW me. I came out feeling like it wasn't as much fun or tossable as the MR. The V8V definitely feels much larger/heavier, and not in a good way (if there is one). Now I am just wondering what to do. I've been thinking about getting a new car lately just to change things up a bit (after being in non-M and M zeds for over a decade), but don't want to end up regretting the move.

Other options are a 997 911 (which is an amazingly composed car, but just doesn't have the uniqueness of the MR), or an Audi R8 (still an option, although I haven't test driven one).

I am sure there must be folks here who have experienced one or more of these alternatives (or others) so please do chime in.

Edit: Forgot the most outstanding quality of the V8V: That exhaust note! It's simply the best I have ever heard (sport exhaust).
Appreciate 0